Gonna be a short one on account of it’s raining, but here’s the gist:
- I think Raleigh might be on our short list for retirement locations. Honestly.
- The Carolinas are very different from one another. North looks very much like the sleepy coastal towns of New England, what with its colonial era town, quiet rolling tree-lined villages, soft pine needles and antique shops; whereas the South highway (wider) lanes are lined personal injury attorney billboards and road trash.
- Downtown Columbia, SC, sports a lovely State House.
- I wanted to see the Laurel & Hardy Museum in Harlem, Georgia, but could NOT manage to get there in time, like much of this trip, museum-wise: wrong day, wrong season, wrong hour.
- In Augusta, Georgia, tonight, looking forward to bacon in the morning.